Vial of Life
Bring the Vial of Life into Your Home
Your basic medical information can save your life
The Vial of Life is designed to speak for you when you can’t speak for yourself. The vial contains important medical information that can assist emergency personnel in administering the proper medical treatment.
The first thing first responders want to know is your list of medications. The difference between life and death when you’ve had a heart attack could be a copy of your previous EKG. When you can’t speak for yourself, when you are confused, in pain or scared, the Vial of Life can speak for you.
There are 3 simple steps to getting your Vial of Life kit ready. You can also save and store your Vial of Life information at VialofLife.com for easy access for changing medical and doctor information in the future.
Fill out the Vial of Life form
- Make blank copies of this form to keep your information current or maintain and store your updated information online with us.
- Fill out the backside of the Vial of Life form. Answer all or any pertinent questions
Place the decal on front of a plastic baggie
- Place the form you filled out in the plastic baggie.
- You may also consider placing the following items in the baggie:
- Copy of EKG
- Living Will or equilavent
- DNR (Do Not Resuscitate)
- Photo of yourself
Place the baggie on refrigerator door
- Securely tape plastic baggie on the front of your refrigerator door.
- Place the decal on your refrigerator – this could be on the front or side of the refrigerator, whichever is easiest for EMS personnel to see and access
Thanks to the Vial of Life, first responders will have all the medical information they need to best treat you…
Where can I get a Vial of Life Kit?
Easy answer. The Beavercreek Township Fire Department Administration Office has some for you free at 851 Orchard Lane, Ste A, Beavercreek or you can print your own.
You can print the Vial of Life form from your home computer and get started filling out the form by hand!
Vial of Life Form vial_of_life_form-2015.pdf (vialoflife.com)
You can print a copy of our sticker yourself using your own printer. You can use sticker paper that is found in most office supply stores.